Welcome to the 17th Turtle Bay Amateur! Played on the scenic George Fazio and the legendary Arnold Palmer courses, the Turtle Bay Open will be held October 26-27, 2019. This two-day competition features 36 holes of stroke play and is open to amateur men and women of all ages. Each participant receives a TravisMathew golf apparel tee gift valued at $250! During the event, each participant will have the opportunity to visit the onsite TravisMathew “pop-up” shop and spend their $250 credit towards a selection of TravisMathew apparel products. TravisMathew will then ship each participant’s custom order directly to their home.
Registration is now closed.
The competition is 36 holes of stroke play. USGA Rules and Local Turtle Bay Amateur Rules shall apply. Amateurs will be grouped based on players GHIN handicap index and will compete for prizes in their respective flights.
- The 2019 Turtle Bay Amateur Tournament Committee has set a field limit of 150 amateur golfers.
- Electric carts will be provided during tournament play. Two carts per foursome.
- Players must register 20 minutes prior to tee time.
- Tee times for Saturday rounds will be posted after 12 noon on Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
- Distance-Measuring Devices that measure or gauge distance only will be allowed during the tournament, including mobile phones or multi-function devices.
- The Committee has the right to change a person’s flight based upon entry or after 18 holes of play.
- Metal or ceramic spikes will not be allowed on the course. Any player wearing metal or ceramic spikes will be disqualified from the tournament.
- All participants shall adhere to the policies of Turtle Bay Golf while on property, including the day of the practice round.
DRESSCODE: While on property, players shall present a neat appearance in both clothing and personal grooming. Blue jeans, cutoff shorts, T-shirts with no collar shall not be worn; this includes the practice round.
This event is open to men and women of all ages with a valid USGA GHIN Handicap.
Flights Handicap Breakdown: handicaps based on index as of 10/01/19
- Championship: 0 - 4.9 based on index as of 10/01/19
- A Flight: 5.0 - 9.9 | B Flight: 10 - 14.9 | C Flight: 15 - 21 based on index as of 10/01/19
- Senior Flight: 0 - 21 (55 years and older as of October 1, 2019) based on index as of 10/01/19
- Women's A Flight: 0 - 9.9 | Women's B Flight: 10 - 21 based on index as of 10/01/19
ENTRY FEE: $300
ENTRY DEADLINE: Sunday October 20, 2019
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Day 1: Saturday, October 26 | Fazio Course | 6:50 AM double tee start (#1 and #10)
- Day 2: Sunday, October 27 | Palmer Course | 6:50 AM double tee start (#1 and #10)
PRACTICE ROUND INFORMATION:
Practice rounds are available for $45.00 per player on the Palmer Course and $35.00 per player on the Fazio Course for three (3) weeks prior to the event (October 5, 2019). Tee times can be made anytime on weekdays and after 11:00 AM on weekends prior to the event. To schedule a tee time call the pro shop at (808) 293-8574 and let them know that you are a participant in the 2019 Turtle Bay Amateur.
Ties for each division individual champion will be determined by an on course play-off. All players involved in a play-off must complete all play-off holes. No play-off hole shall begin after 5:00 PM. If the play-off is not feasible or cannot be concluded due to time constraints, ties will be broken by scorecard matching using the procedure in the USGA Rules of Golf Appendix 1, 10.
TOURNAMENT WITHDRAW/ REFUND POLICY:
Withdraw Policy: Players must withdraw from the tournament by notifying the Turtle Bay Golf tournament director by email [email protected] or phone (808) 791-7184. Notification of a player's intention to withdraw from an event is final. A player may, however, submit another application for that tournament if the entry deadline has not passed. Withdraws from any event will not affect future tournament play. Failure to withdraw will be considered a "No-Show."
Refunds or Incomplete Transactions: Players who withdraw before an event’s entry deadline will have their entry fee returned minus $10.00 for handling. If a player withdraws after the entry deadline and seven (7) or more working days before the tournament, he/she will be refunded 50% of the entry fee. There will be no refunds for players who withdraw less than seven (7) working days (Monday through Friday) before a tournament (except for emergencies; these claims will be reviewed by the 2019 Turtle Bay Amateur Tournament Committee. If a tournament is cancelled due to inclement weather, the player will be refunded all but $10.00 of his/her entry fee for handling.
We look forward to a fun and competitive weekend and welcome spectators to attend. For questions or more information please contact the Golf Shop at 808-293-8574 or the Tournament Chairperson, Joe Pack, at 808-791-7184 or [email protected].