She’s always there for you and she deserves to feel special not just this Mother’s Day but every day. Here are some tips on places to visit and things to do that may guarantee your spot as mom’s favorite kid. Some are seasonal, others are year round.
1. PICK HER UP WITH SOME JOE- Every mom loves coffee! Stop at Coffee Gallery in Haleiwa located in the North Shore Market Place and grab her one of their fancy espresso beverages like the Coconator (dark chocolate, coconut, steamed milk, espresso and whipped cream) or the Mocha Freeze ( vanilla icecream blended with espresso and topped off with whipped cream- look out Frappuccino! ) If mom isn't a coffee fan there's also tea, smoothies and acai bowls. Coffee Gallery also serves up healthy and vegan pastries, desserts and lunch items.
2. WHALE WATCH- Every November to May momma Humpback whales come to Hawaii’s warm waters to have their young. The beaches along O’ahu’s North Shore are a great place to watch the mommas teaching their young how to breach, splash and survive. You can simply sit on the shore and fix your eyes on the horizon, watch them from your ocean view room (every room has an ocean view at Turtle Bay) or even go on a catamaran whale watching tour right off Haleiwa Harbor. Learn more here.
3. SHOW HER FUN UNDER THE SEA- There are so many spectacular snorkeling spots on the North Shore. Grab your free snorkeling equipment rental from Turtle Bay and dive into Bay View Beach, right by our hotel to spot colorful coral, friendly fish and curious sea turtles. If you want to venture off property, be sure to stop at Shark’s Cove across from Pupukea Foodland & Three Tables Beach, which is right next to Shark’s Cove. Shark’s Cove has great tide pools as well as the option to snorkel in shallow or deep water, so it’s great for families. View our top North Shore snorkeling spots here.
4. TREAT MOM TO BRUNCH- Our Mother’s Day Brunch always delights with ocean views, live music and of course scrumptious selections in our all-you-can-eat line-up. Our Executive Chef Conrad does not disappoint with crab legs, prime rib, sushi, salads, desserts and more. Priced at only $69 a person (kids are half the cost), all-inclusive you can spoil mom without spoiling your budget. Learn more here
5. PAMPER MOM- Facials, massages, body treatments, pedicures, manicures, hair-cuts and styles- our professionals at Nalu Kinetic Spa will ease mom’s stress and restore her soul. *Restore Your Soul Retreat at Nalu Kinetic Spa May 13-15. Our spa is also featuring a special Mom Menu the whole month of May, you can view that here.
6. MAKE HER TAKE FLIGHT- If your mom is up for an adventure, take her zip lining or for a helicopter ride. Climb Works Keana Farms Zipline Tour is a fun way for mom to challenge her limits and fly through the air over beautiful farmlands. Learn more about the 3 hour adventure here. Turtle Bay has a Chopper on property- not just any chopper, the Chopper from Magnum P.I. ! Take mom for a tour of the North Shore and Sacred Falls. The beautiful flight will be sure to take her breath away.
How are you planning on celebrating mom this Mother’s Day? Share below in our comments. See how we are celebrating MOMs the whole month of May here.