A pineapple a day keeps the worries away, so why not enjoy your pineapple in our signature Mai Tai?
The Mai Tai is a staple at bars around the world and one of our guests' favorite cocktails to enjoy while watching the sunset.
But where did the Mai Tai originate from? Victor J. Bergeron claims to have invented the Mai Tai in 1944 at his restaurant, Trader Vic's, in Oakland, California. It is said that the name Mai Tai was inspired by maita'i, the Tahitian word for "good" or "excellence".
Well, we have an excellent Mai Tai recipe for you to make and savor at home. We promise you’ll experience aloha in every sip. You have to! It’s created by Mr. ALOHA himself, Dennis.
If you are ready to have an ALOHA state of mind no matter where you are, grab a glass!
- Dash of Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 shot Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- ¼ cup fresh Pineapple juice
- ¼ cup fresh Orange Juice
- Dash Lemon Lime
- Dash of Almond Syrup
- Hana Bay Premium Dark Rum floater
- Garnishes: lime slice, cherry and pineapple wedge.
1. Scoop some ice into your favorite glass.
2. Add the dash of Grand Manier.
3. Pour in the Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Pineapple Juice and O.J.
4. Dash in some lemon lime and almond syrup.
5. Stir it all up.
6. Add the Hana Bay Premium Dark Rum Floater.
7. Make it pretty with a lime slice, cherry and of course a pineapple wedge!
8. Sip some paradise! Enjoy! After all, any time is Mai Tai time!
Want step by step instructions from Mr. ALOHA himself? Watch Dennis in action on our Turtle Bay Resort IGTV!
Which Turtle Bay cocktail recipe would you like to try next? Let us know in the comments below or comment on our Instagram @TurtleBayResort.