There’s a popular saying here in the islands if someone is not punctual, it is “Hawaiian time.”
What does it mean to be on Hawaiian time? Basically, life in Hawaii is more relaxed than the rest of the world, so you take your time to get places and show up on “Hawaiian time.”
That is the inspiration for the Island Thyme cocktail created by Turtle Bay Master Mixologist Allie Bellows.
Have her serve one up for you while you enjoy the breathtaking views and relaxed atmosphere of our fine dining restaurant Pa’akai.
If you can’t be here in person to enjoy our “Island Thyme” cocktail, you can still savor a relaxed Hawaii vibe at home with our featured #ThirstyThursday recipe.
It’s time for you to get on Island Thyme!
- 1 ¼ oz Hendricks Gin
- ½ oz. St. Germain (elder flower liqueur)
- 1 ½ oz. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- A float of dry champagne, Allie recommends Roeder Estate
- Fresh lemon twist (peel)
- Sprig of Thyme (gives an aromatic smell while you sip and enhances the Hendricks gin)
- Mix the Hendricks Gin, St. Germain, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and ice in a shaker.
- Pour into a martini glass, use drink strainer to hold the ice.
- Add a float of the dry champagne.
- Garnish with lemon twist and a sprig of thyme.
Now escape to Hawaii and enjoy some Island Thyme at home.
How did your cocktail turn out? Share your results in the comments below. Have a Turtle Bay cocktail recipe you would like us to feature? Share that below too.