COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan
Turtle Bay Resort plans to reopen in summer 2021 and we can't wait to welcome you back while providing a safe environment and keeping our distance physically to ensure your trip to the North Shore is a safe one. As we welcome you back to Oahu, here is what we are doing to encourage a safe and stress-free visit.
As part of our reopening, we are reducing the capacity of high-traffic areas like the restaurants, pool deck, and beach to protect the health, safety, and resort experience for all.
- Plexi-glass at the front desk and concierge areas
- Contactless check-in encouraged
- Physical distancing markers provided while in lines
- Single Use Keycards get sanitized before each use
ON PROPERTY DINING
- Restaurants and bars will operate at 50% capacity
- Seating spaced out no less than 6 feet apart
- Contactless room service is available upon request
- Have cashless or contactless forms of payment
- Digital Menus
SPA, SALON, & FITNESS
- Sunrise and Sunset Yoga available beachside daily
- Spa and salon open by appointment only
- Contactless services can be accommodated
POOL DECK & BEACHSIDE
- Encouragement of physical distancing
- Limited chairs and cabanas arranged according to physical distancing standards
We have expanded our already rigorous and demanding standards of housekeeping and hygiene to provide our guests with the very best in guest room disinfection and sanitation processes and procedures.
- All guest rooms cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines
- Industry-leading disinfectant solutions and recommended equipment used, with enhanced emphasis on high-touch areas
- Guests receive welcome bags with hand sanitizer, masks, and extra waste bags
- To limit contact between staff and guests, housekeeping will not enter rooms during stays of two-nights or less
- Every third day, Housekeeping will provide a light refresh
- Guests will be asked to place trash and recycling outside their guest room door
- Guests can also exchange linens and towels upon request
COVID-19 Positive Guest or Close Contact Protocol
With guidance from the CDC, the hotel will accommodate guests who have an existing reservation and who have tested positive for COVID-19, or are identified as close contacts of a person who is positive for COVID-19. The positive guest will be accommodated onsite, or at an alternative location. Guests awaiting test results must quarantine in their hotel room until a negative result is confirmed and handled under the Guidance of “Guest Becomes Ill - Best Practices Standard Operating Procedures”.
To promote the health and safety of our community, face coverings are required for all on property visitors, guests and associates in all indoor public areas.
PROPERTY HYGIENE AND CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
The following updated standards and new protocols for safety, hygiene and cleanliness were developed with the goal of optimizing the safety of all visitors, guests, and employees. Turtle Bay Resort will comply with all minimum state and local guidelines related to COVID-19:
- Elevated Safety and Sanitization training for all team members as related to COVID-19
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required as part of uniforms for all Team Members
- Creative options to maintain guest experience while minimizing guest contact
- Utilization of EPA-approved cleaning & disinfecting agents that kill the COVID-19 virus
- Hand Sanitizer Stations at high traffic customer touch points
- Signage throughout public spaces on cleanliness, social distancing, and hand hygiene
MEETINGS & GROUPS
Our health and safety approach embraces thoughtful spaces for distancing and elevated hygiene procedures, while providing distinctive meeting environments, the latest technology and mindfulness programming.
- Cleanliness: More frequent cleaning in high traffic areas and often-touched surfaces using EPA-approved chemicals rated for emerging viral pathogens.
- Thorough cleaning of all hard surfaces in meeting spaces and disinfect arms of chairs and other detailed surfaces nightly.
- Attendee flow: Clearly marked event room entrances and exits and signage highlighting physical guidelines for physical distancing and PPE.
- Meeting room sets: Customized floor plans that follow CDC guidelines based on optimal spacing, safety and guest interaction.
- Technology support: Audio-visual capabilities and in-house expertise to produce high quality hybrid meetings. Sanitized audio-visual equipment and staff support for guest use.
- Safe & healthy breaks: House made, single serve breaks are creatively prepared, attended and served.
- Dining: Elevated fully curated box meals, customized plated courses, all taking full advantage of our unique and expansive indoor and outdoor spaces.
Stable Safety Guidelines
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we kindly ask you to reschedule or cancel your reservation for the safety of other guests and our staff.
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you experienced a fever in the last 48 hours?
Tour Operational Changes:
- Group Rides will not exceed current state guidelines.
- Guests will maintain social distancing guidelines while on horseback.
- Horseback ride guests must wear a mask during check-in, mounting, throughout the ride and while un-mounting. Masks can be removed temporarily for pictures. Our staff will only take guest photos from their phones.
- Our staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- During the horseback ride, CDC social distancing guidelines will be followed.
- Reservations are required.
- Guest waivers can be filled out online during the booking process. Guests will also be able to sign waivers on-site.
- Masks are required to protect yourself and our staff.
- Be aware of others’ personal space. Wait at your designated check-in area until you are called to mount your horse.
- We do not have lockers available; please minimize the items you bring with you.
- We have increased cleaning procedures throughout our areas.
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning gear.
- Tack is sanitized between rides.
- Reins and helmets are sanitized before and after each use.
Golf Safety Guidelines
- Employees and Guests must maintain appropriate social distancing at all times
- All guests are required to wear face coverings in and around the clubhouse areas
- We have a “no touch” policy in place. Our staff has been instructed not to touch or handle our guests’ golf bag, golf club or vehicle at any time. You will have to load your own bag on the golf cart.
- To avoid gatherings, please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled activity.
- Cart amenities such as bottled water, cart towels and tees will be removed from the cart. Scorecards, pencils and tees will be provided upon request. Golfers should plan on bringing their own towels and tees.
- Golfers are encouraged to bring their reusable water bottles.
- Do not touch or remove the flagstick. “Gimme’s” are good golf etiquette these days.
- The Golf Shop will be limited to four guests at a time and locker room restrooms will be open for no more than two guests at a time to enforce social distancing. Please plan accordingly. On course restrooms are available after hole #4/#6 and after hole #13.
There are detailed requirements and instructions for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. Visit the Hawai‘i Tourism Authority or State of Hawaii websites for current information about these requirements, and please note that these mandates are subject to change. Visitors are encouraged to stay up to date on the latest restrictions, advisories and travel alerts that are in place leading up to your planned stay.