Ready for a taste of paradise wherever you are?
July is "National Grilling Month" and in celebration Turtle Bay Resort Chef Patrick Murakami shares one of his personal favorite summer recipes to savor with friends: Asparagus Skewered Jumbo Prawns with Pineapple Avocado Salsa.
"This esemble is light and fresh. I love jumbo prawns and thought skewering them would be nice. I wasn't alone. My friends I have served the dish to love it and I hope you do too," says Chef Murakami.
What are you waiting for? Fire up the grill and get ready to give your tastebuds a treat!
- 6pcs U–10 Jumbo Prawns
- 6pcs Large Asparagus
- 4oz Kula Spring Mix or any greens available
- 6-8 pcs Red and Yellow Grape Tomatoes
- 2oz Thin Sliced Hearts of Palm
Seasoning for shrimp:
- 1 tsp Rock Salt
- ½ tsp Fresh Garlic
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 oz Seared Maui Gold Pineapple
- 1 oz Avocado
- ½ oz Red Onion
- ½ oz Green Bell Peppers
- ½ oz Red Bell Peppers
- Cilantro, lime, salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and pepper and honey to Taste
- ½ cup peeled Papaya seeds
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Olive Oil
Instructions for Dressing:
1. In a blender add vinegar, mustard and papaya puree and slowly add olive oil until mixture thickens.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1. Clean and devein Prawns.
2. Make a hole near the back end and top of the Prawn and thread the Asparagus through both holes.
3. Season Prawns with seasoning mixture and grill until they turn light pink.
4. Mix the salsa together and adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Add all ingredients together on a large platter, place skewered prawns and top prawns with the Pineapple Avocado Salsa.
6. Drizzle with Papaya Dijon Vinaigrette.
Should this secret recipe be added to our North Shore Kula Grille menu so you can enjoy it in paradise? Are you going to make this recipe this summer? Let us know in the comment section below!