Frequently Asked Questions
Curious about Turtle Bay Resort? Please browse our frequently asked questions below. If you cannot find the answer to your questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Turtle Bay is located on the North Shore of Oʻahu with close proximity to historic Haleiwa town and the legendary surf breaks of Banzai/Pipeline, Sunset Beach, and Waimea Bay. The resort is approximately 55 minutes from the Honolulu International Airport (HNL).
Take H1 Freeway, Westbound. Stay on the H1 Freeway for approximately six miles. Look for signs for the H2 Freeway, Northbound (North Shore/Wahiawa).ïMerge right onto the H2 Freeway. Continue on the H2 Freeway North to Wahiawa. Exit at Wahiawa (Exit 8) on to 80 (Kamehameha Hwy) through Wahiawa. Continue Northbound, 80 connects with 99. Stay on 99 to Haleiwa. The road now bypasses Haleiwa and becomes route 83. Continue on 83 approximately 20 minutes toward Kahuku. Turtle Bay Resort will be on the left hand side.
Shuttle Service to/from the Airport is available, as well as transportation to Haleiwa, Polynesian Cultural Center, and other hotels. Reserve Online
Car Rental can be reserved ahead with pick-up from the Airport at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Reserve Online
Taxi and Ride Share services around the North Shore area is very limited. Plan ahead when traveling outside of the resort.
When you're staying at Turtle Bay Resort, your visit is enhanced by the many services and amenities available throughout the resort, which are covered in the Resort Service Fee.
Our Daily Resort Service Fee differs by your room type and are outlined below:
- Main Building and Ocean Bungalows: $49.00 + 17.962% tax ($57.80) per night
- Ocean Villas: $90.00 + 17.962% tax ($106.17) per night
Included in Resort Service Fee:
- Arrival Lei Greeting
- Two Refillable PATH Water Bottles, with refill stations located throughout the resort
- Unlimited Toll-Free Local & 60-Min of Domestic Long Distance Telephone Calls
- High Speed Wi-Fi (10mbps)
- Use of Beats Pill Speaker (based on availability, sign out through Housekeeping)
- Daily Resort Activities (visit The Guide Post or see our Calendar of Events)
- Use of Resort Cruiser Bikes (45-min per day/per guest, 2 cruisers per room, based on availability)
- Beach Toys & Boogie Boards at Kuilima Cove (based on availability)
- Beach Umbrellas and chairs at Kuilima Cove (based on availability)
- Daily Basket of Range Balls (after 12 noon)
- Admission to One Fitness Class of the day (visit Nalu Spa or see our website)
- Use of GoPro Camera for up to 24-hours (SD memory card not included, sign out at Surf House)
- One Hour Pickleball Court usage (sign out at The Guide Post)
- Use of Business Center Facilities
NOTE: Resort Service Fee inclusions are subject to change. Special events not included.
Valet and Self-Parking are available for an additional $35 daily per car (1-24 hours).
NOTE: Parking fees are subject to change.
- Check-in: 3 PM
- Check-out: 11 AM
Should you require an early check-in or a late check-out, please contact us directly.
All Ocean View King, Ocean View Suites, and Ocean Bungalow rooms feature a pullout sofa.
Due to room configurations, rollaway beds and air mattresses are permitted in select rooms (Premium Ocean View King rooms and Ocean View Suites). They are available upon request (limited availability) and an additional charge of $25 per stay will be applied.
Turtle Bay Resort is a dog-friendly resort. Please review our policies below prior to booking.
- Dogs are allowed in the Main Resort Building and Ocean Bungalows only.
- Guests travelling with dogs must notify Turtle Bay Resort at the time of booking.
- A one-time pet cleaning fee of $300.00 for dogs 35lbs and less, or $500.00 for dogs greater than 35lbs will be applied per room and charged with full deposit.
- Dogs must be accompanied by their owner at the time of check-in.
Turtle Bay is a Non-Smoking resort. Guestrooms and balconies are Non-Smoking. In order to accommodate everyone, smoking is allowed in three designated areas near the Main Resort Building.
A minimum cleaning fee of $300.00 per sleeping space will be assessed if there is any evidence of smoking in a guestroom or balcony. This fee will be assessed on any form of smoke including incense, mosquito coils, vapor cigarettes, cigarettes, cigars, etc.
There is no dress code policy at Turtle Bay Resort, however some restaurants do suggest guests come in Resort Attire. Shoes and shirts must be worn in the main lobby and in the restaurants, excluding Sunset pool bar.
If you lost or forgot an item, please fill out the form in the link below and our team will do their best to locate and return your item. We cannot guarantee items will be found or returned.
Out of privacy and safety concerns for our guests and employees, Turtle Bay Resort prohibits the use of drones, personal or commercial, without the prior written authorization from Resort management. This prohibition includes drones used for filming or videotaping, as well as any drone use by media or journalists operating above or within the Resort boundaries. Any violation of this policy may involve confiscation of any equipment, and may subject violators to any damages, including but not limited to, damages for violations of privacy and/or physical or personal injuries, or regulatory fines and legal fees.
Make your stay your own with our mobile app. With just one click, you can check-in and check-out, browse our restaurant menus, reserve a tee time, and more.